Market Crew Lead
We are looking for an incredible Market Crew Lead to help oversee teams and operations at the Wardensville Garden Market. Interested in working at a thriving market surrounded by beautiful mountains and our incredible farm? This could be the job for you!
The Market Crew Lead position supervises and is responsible for the market area and the market staff, many of whom are part of our Junior Crew of local youth. They are in charge of maintaining the cleanliness of the market, instructing students in tasks, keeping market items fully stocked, and ensuring all customers get the highest quality customer service experience. The Market Crew Lead must show leadership and ownership of the Market and its staff by ensuring all day-to-day activities are being completed to Wardensville Garden Market standards.
- Passionate about local food products
- Passionate about working for a youth-driven nonprofit organization
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must have a high school diploma, GED, or equivalent work experience
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs and ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to take direction and demonstrate initiative when necessary
- Ability to work alone or with a team on various projects
- Must be reliable, have strong communication skills, and demonstrate an eagerness to learn
- Must have a friendly and positive demeanor
- Must have weekend availability
- Experience working in a retail environment or in a customer service setting is a BONUS!
This position is part or full-time and non-exempt with a starting pay $16 - $17. In addition to pay, we offer the following benefits for regular, full-time employees:
- paid sick and vacation leave
- employer-paid medical and life insurance
- dental and vision insurance
- short-term disability
- annual paid winter break
- discount on items in the market and CSA program
- paid training opportunities
ABOUT FARMS WORK WONDERS
The mission of Farms Work Wonders is to ignite the spark of curiosity in Appalachian Youth so they see themselves and their futures in new and exciting ways. Our holistic approach to youth development combines a wide range of enrichment activities and discovery opportunities that keenly focus on their social-emotional learning and the development of essential assets. Centered around our organic, regenerative farm and the social enterprises that have grown to make up our community ecosystem (bakery, market, glassblowing studio, professional kitchen - and a restaurant to come), these businesses serve as living classrooms that provide unique opportunities to gain real-life skills and practical experience. Our goal is to continually encourage Appalachian youth to dream big and develop patterns of success through experiential and incidental learning opportunities including the arts and humanities, service learning and community care projects.