Mission Agriculture Liaison
We are seeking an Agriculture Liaison to support our living classroom program at Farms Work Wonders. The Liaison will support the design, development, and implementation of unique learning and trades based experiences for youth (high-school aged) on our 100 acre organic farm. These experiences will be conducted in in-person, virtual, and hybrid learning situations.
This role will work closely with and report to the Director of Missions.
- Develop and nurture vibrant, trusting, and supportive relationships with youth participants that strengthen and sustain personal and professional growth.
- Assist with the design and development of learning tools in collaboration with the Mission Director and the Agricultural team.
- Collaborate with others to create content for the Agriculture living classroom experience.
- Ensure learning experiences embrace real-life, hands-on exposure, develop social/emotional learning, and bring youth into conversation and collaboration with the larger community.
- Develop and propose criterion-referenced questions, observations, and performance-based rubrics.
- Assess training needs to develop training strategies and plans for participants.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in agriculture and/or youth development.
- In lieu of education, 2+ years of related experience in agriculture.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Strong information technology skills.
- Experience with Google Drive, Sheets, and Docs.
- Ability to work from home when necessary (reliable high-speed internet connection, use of a computer, etc.)
- Ability to work during peak hours (weekends, after school during the week, and school breaks) when student participants are in attendance.
- Experience with a learning management system is a plus.
- Experience developing workplace/experiential learning coursework is a plus.
This position is classified as exempt with an annual salary starting at $35,568. In addition to competitive pay, we offer the following benefits for regular, full-time employees:
- paid sick and vacation leave
- employer-paid medical and life insurance
- dental and vision insurance
- short-term disability
- annual paid winter break
- discount on items in the market and CSA program
- paid training opportunities
ABOUT FARMS WORK WONDERS
Farms Work Wonders is a nonprofit social enterprise whose mission is to ignite the spark of curiosity in Appalachian youth so they see themselves and their future in new and exciting ways. We create living classrooms to provide real-life learning experiences and generate proceeds that are 100% reinvested back into the local community. In 2016, Farms Work Wonders launched the Wardensville Garden Market project—an organic farm, market, and bakery that has currently created over 100 local, good-paying jobs with most held by local high school students, and we continue to grow.
Farms Work Wonders provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.